Luke 13:6-9 ¶ He spake also this parable; A certain man had a fig tree planted in his vineyard; and he came and sought fruit thereon, and found none. Then said he unto the dresser of his vineyard, Behold, these three years I come seeking fruit on this fig tree, and find none: cut it down; why cumbereth it the ground? And he answering said unto him, Lord, let it alone this year also, till I shall dig about it, and dung it: And if it bear fruit, well: and if not, then after that thou shalt cut it down.
We are the “tree” in the text and it behooves us to bloom wherever God has planted us. Here are some keys:
1. First of all, make sure you have a real, personal, relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Ask God to give you His vision or goal for your life.
3. Be willing to do whatever is asked.
4. Do not lose sight of the people behind the work.
5. Be thankful for your position and never take it for granted.
6. Be willing to submit to authority.
7. Know that you are in God’s will for your life.
8. Know that your rewards are in heaven.
9. Develop a servant’s heart.
10. Walk without offense.
11. Serve as if you were serving Jesus himself and do not get your eyes on the man under whom you work (Pastor). In other words, be careful to respect the call on his life.
12. Always Keep the overall vision of the church before you.
13. Be big enough to be rebuked and corrected.
14. Be a good follower, as well as a good leader.
15. Be dependable.
16. Be patient.
17. Do not ever be too big to do the small things, nor too small to do the big things.
18. Do everything you know to do, to get to where you need to be.
19. Remain sensitive to the Holy Spirit.
20. Always walk in love.
21. Have loyalty that goes beyond personal feelings.
22. Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil.
23. Respect everyone.
24. Judge yourself.
25. Commit to the ministry, the way you commit to your marriage.
26. Know that you are important and needed.
27. Help other people fulfill their ministries.
28. Do the very best, wherever you are.
29. Stay with something until the job gets done.
30. Never quit.
31. Be on time (early).
32. Maintain your joy in the Lord.
33. Obey God’s specific instructions.
34. Be considerate of other’s.
35. Be willing to change direction (don’t be close minded).
36. Know that God is your source.
37. Use all the abilities that God has given you.
38. Have a healthy perspective of yourself.
39. Maintain a good attitude.
40. Trust in God’s grace and anointing on your life.