(Galatians 5:16 NLT) So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won’t be doing what your sinful nature craves.
This morning we continue our series “Grace that is Simply Amazing” by continuing to look at The Law given under Moses vs. the Grace provided by Jesus. Let’s continue to walk through Paul’s letter to the church in Galatia. Yesterday I told you that “Grace is not a license to sin.” That has been a major point of contention for those who think that preaching Grace is somehow advocating “loose living.” However, I trust God enough to preach what His Word teaches, and only what it teaches. It is dangerous for me, or any other teacher/preacher, to taint the Word with personal feelings or agendas. To me, the message of Grace and freedom from the Law of Moses is clear in scripture. But like I taught yesterday, freedom from the Law of Moses is not a freedom to sin, but rather a freedom from it.
I have only given you one verse today because I have so much to say about it. As Born-Again believers, the Holy Spirit is the key to living a successful and prosperous life in Christ. Instead of being checked or driven from the outside, we are now led from the inside.
So what does this mean to you today? Let’s seek to glean a few golden nuggets:
1. Jesus died to get us out of everything Adam got us into in the Garden of Eden.
2. When Adam ate the fruit satan’s dynamic-duo, sin and death, were introduced into the world. Jesus came to deliver us from both. In Christ, not only do we have eternal life, but we have been delivered from the power of sin. While we are not free TO sin, in Christ we are surely free FROM sin!
3. When Adam sinned the internal presence of God was stripped from mankind and Jesus died to give us access back to it. In the Old Covenant the Holy Spirit lived inside the Temple. In the New Covenant we are the Temple of God and the Holy Spirit lives inside us.
4. 50 days after Jesus’ resurrection, on the Day of Pentecost, the Holy Spirit was restored to mankind. Born-Again believers now get to live like Adam did in the Garden, walking and talking with God daily.
5. I shared this yesterday, but it is worth repeating. Embracing Grace means you transition from the external restraint of the Law to the internal restraint of the Holy Spirit. No longer do you need to check your behavior against external rules. The Holy Spirit will provide you an internal “check” as you live your life for Christ.
6. The Spirit of God will never lead you contrary to the Word of God. This is why Grace is not a license to sin. Transitioning from the Law of Moses to being led of the Holy Spirit under the Grace provided by Jesus, could never be a license to sin, because the Holy Spirit will never lead you to do anything that violates God’s ways!
7. The Holy Spirit will lead you to do, or not do, many things that are NOT written in the Law. Now that we are given God’s Spirit and commanded to live a Spirit-led life, we get to receive tailor-made instruction that far exceeds anything outlined in the Law.
8. The Holy Spirit will lead, guide and direct us in the daily course of our lives in a way the Law never could.
9. If you are led of the Holy Spirit, not only will you not sin, but you will live free from the power of sin. Because the Holy Spirit not only gives us access to God’s voice, but it is through the Holy Spirit that we tap into God’s Supernatural power!
Closing Confession: Father, I thank You for sending Your Son Jesus to die in my place. Jesus came to get me out of everything Adam got me into. I was born under the bondage of the inheritance of Adam. Because of Adam I was born under the power of sin and death. I was not a sinner because I sinned. I was a sinner because I was born that way. But Praise God that I have been Born-Again! Now that I am in Christ and Christ is in me, I have a new inheritance. Jesus delivered me from sin and death. For death Jesus gave me eternal life. For sin Jesus gave me Grace. Not only that, but He also gave me access to Your precious Holy Spirit. Your Holy Spirit now lives in me every second of every day. Your Spirit leads me, speaks to me, corrects me when I am going astray, and comforts me when I am discouraged. Your Holy Spirit is Your presence in me. If that were all, that would be enough. However, Your Holy Spirit also gives me access to Your Supernatural POWER!. Through Your Holy Spirit I have the power to walk in freedom from sin, with divine insight, and with power that far exceeds human ability. Signs, wonders and miracles will flow through me, over the course of my life, because I have been endued with power from on-high, and that power flows TO and THROUGH me through the person of the Holy Spirit! I declare this by faith. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
This is Today’s Word! Apply it and Prosper.