Today we continue our series, “As Jesus Is”, under the banner of the overall series for the year, “Supernatural Manifestation.” We have been looking at 1 John 4:16,17 and Colossians 1:24-27 for a while. Monday morning I will move on from Colossians 1. Before I do, allow me to close out the week with one last message from these two passages.
The Apostle John said:
And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
(1 John 4:16, 17 KJV)
The Apostle Paul said:
“My work is to tell the complete message of God. This message is the secret truth that was hidden since the beginning of time. It was hidden from everyone for ages, but now it has been made known to God’s holy people. God decided to let his people know just how rich and glorious that truth is. That secret truth, which is for all people, is that Christ lives in you, his people. He is our hope for glory.”
(Colossians 1:25-27 Easy To Read Version)
So what does this mean to you today? Today I am led to share a few things with you about the amazement we should have as we walk with God. It’s time to bring the amazing back!
- When you first come to God, everything is amazing. You are amazed that He takes the time to listen to you. You are amazed when He answers your prayers. You are amazed that you get to sense His presence. Everything is new. Everything is awesome. Everything is amazing. However, over the process of time, even the best of us can lose that sense of awe and amazement. So from time to time, God reminds you of His dedication to you and He attempts to “bring the amazing back!”
- It’s amazing to think that God made plans for you before the world began. Before you ever took one breath or one step, He had already planned out your life. He finished you before you ever got started. He mapped out your life, rewound the tape, and then pressed “play” the day you were born. That’s amazing!
- It’s amazing to think that God loves you with an everlasting love. You did nothing to cause HIm to start loving you, and nothing you do will ever cause Him to stop. He loves you despite your faults, flaws and failures. He loves you despite your constant wavering and occasional waywardness. He loves you, even when you put your will above His. Now, to be clear, there are repercussions to your decisions. Sin may not unravel your righteousness, but it will unravel your life. If you make bad decisions, you will get bad results. If you sow bad seeds, you will reap a bad harvest. But my point is that even if you do, God will love you through it all. Up and down, good and bad, sinking or soaring, God’s love never fails. That’s amazing!
- It’s amazing to think that God lives in you. I mean God. The true God. The everlasting God. The God who was, and is and is to come. The God of your yesterday, your today and your tomorrow. The God of your “already”, your “right now”, and your “not yet”. The God who has all power, who is in all places, and who knows all things. The only one and true God… He lives IN YOU! That’s amazing!
- It’s amazing to think that God chose you! He could have remained in heaven, but He chose to live IN YOU! He chose you to be His representation in the earth. He chose you to be His proof! He chose you to be His prize! He chose you to be His child. You are not a servant. You are not a slave. You are a SON! You are child of the Most High God! He lives IN you and you are ONE with Him! That is amazing!
Closing Confession: Father, this is a year of Great Victory for me. I go back, in order to go forward. I bring “the amazing back”. The amazement I had when I first came to You, is now coming back to me! It’s amazing that You have chosen to live IN me. It’s amazing that You have chosen to show the world what You are like THROUGH ME! I am Your choice. I am Your prize. I am Your Son! I am ONE WITH YOU! Which is why I boldly declare: “As Jesus is, so am I, in this world!” I declare this by faith. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
This is Today’s Word! Apply it and Prosper.