Before I get into the Word, I want to mention Thanksgiving. I trust you had a great Thanksgiving weekend. I appreciate the fact that we have a date on the calendar when we focus on being thankful. But for the believer, every day should be a day of Thanksgiving! Before you do anything in the morning, you should think of at least three things you are thankful for. Thank God for those things before you start your day. You will be amazed what an attitude of gratitude will do for your day! Okay, now let’s get into the Word.
Today we continue our new series entitled, “It’s already done!”, under the banner of the overall series for the year, “Supernatural Manifestation.” A couple of weeks ago I introduced you to the following passage. Let’s go back to it today.
In the opening paragraph of the Apostle Peter’s second letter, he said:
Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ: Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
(2 Peter 1:1-4)
Today I will focus in on this line: “Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God.”
So what does this mean to you today? A few things.
- When you open your heart and mind God’s divine revelation concerning the plans He made for you before you were born, it changes the way you ‘do life’. Once you are at peace with the fact that God planned for your arrival and that He already setup everything you will need to be successful, your life becomes less about your striving and more about making an earthly alignment with your heavenly assignment.
- Peter tells us that God’s grace and peace can literally be multiplied to us. But this multiplication does not come as a result of our performance. It comes as a result of revealed knowledge. The more God reveals to us about the plans He already made for us, the more we know what grace and peace we can access. It’s not that God is responding to us. We are actually responding to revealed knowledge. The more God reveals, the more we get to walk in, by faith. The life of faith then, is a life of believing, receiving and pursuing what God reveals to us — things He has already done.
- We are not waiting on God to do. God has already done. God is waiting on us to receive the revelation of what He has done, so we can know what to do and how to do it. At that point we are not doing to get God to move. We are doing because God has already moved. Our doing is based on the fact that it is already done.
- You don’t have to come up with your own plans. You don’t have to invent your own life. True life is in discovering what God has already done. Not your ideas.. His.
- If your life is all about your own plans and decisions, then Jesus is not relevant to you. Acknowledging the fact that God already made plans, and seeking to live your life in accordance with those plans, keeps Jesus relevant in your daily living.
- God prepared for you and He then prepared you to walk in what He prepared. When this becomes your mindset, you will look at every challenge and/or opportunity through the lens of faith.
- Stop thinking that God has to provide. Start discerning that God has already provided. God has provided all things that pertain to life and godliness.
Closing Confession: Father, this is a year of Great Victory for me. I am determined to close out the year strong! Not because of my DOING. But because I know You have already done. I open my heart to receive the revelation of all You have already planned for this season. I am determined to release my faith to bring to pass what You reveal. I live every day in pursuit of the plans You already made. My life is a life of DOING! But I don’t DO to get You to move. I DO because You have already moved. I DO because it’s already DONE! I declare this by faith. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
This is Today’s Word! Apply it and Prosper.