Today we continue our series entitled, “Back to the Bible,” with Part 55. We have been looking at Psalm 119. Let’s continue to walk through this amazing psalm.
The Passion Bible Translation
(v.175) Invigorate my life so that I can praise you even more, and may your truth be my strength!
So what does this mean to you today? A few things.
- David asked God to reinvigorate his life. Why? So he could praise Him even more. And the in process, David said that God’s truth would be his strength. In Psalm 119, several times David acknowledged the fact that God’s Word brought revival to his heart when he needed it. Whenever David was down, he meditated on the things God had said to all mankind (in general), but more importantly, he found strength in this things God said to him individually. Just thinking about what God said would help David keep going through tough times. What the Word of God did for David, it will do for you. If you are in the middle of a challenge this morning, take a minute to meditate and medicate on God’s promises. If you think of what God said to all mankind, in His Holy Word, it will build you up. But if you meditate on what God has spoken to you directly, through His Holy Spirit, it will revive you! Because God will do what He said He would do. Sometimes we simply need to remind ourselves of it!
- David knew he was supposed to praise God everyday of his life. But like any human, there were days when he did not feel like it. There were days when his praise was low. So David asked God to invigorate his life so he could get his praise back. How did God do it? He did it through His Word. As David meditated on God’s Word he felt invigorated again. This was actually the purpose of this series. I wanted us to get “Back to the Bible” so we could be invigorated again. The Word of God can spark a revival in our hearts that will not be quenched by anything the world throws at us. As long as you keep meditating and medicating on what God said to you, you will have a spring in your step, a smile on your face, a song on your heart and a praise on your lips! So if you are feeling down this morning, take a moment to think about all the things God has promised to do in your life. It won’t take long for you to get your praise back!
- Praise confuses the enemy. He knows when he has hit you with his best shot. He knows how bad your situation is. He knows the pressure he is putting on you. But when you GIVE GOD PRAISE in the middle of it all, the kingdom of darkness is left dazed and confused. They hit you with their best, but you keep giving God praise! This is how we are supposed to live. So if you are facing a tough challenge this morning, instead of meditating on the challenge, meditate on God’s promises and TAKE A PRAISE BREAK right now. When you give God praise in advance, BEFORE HE DOES IT, it confounds satan, invigorates God and releases you from all stress. You can’t praise and stress at the same time!
- Never let anything or anyone rob you of your praise. When you live every day with a praise on your lips, regardless of what is going on in your life, you maintain the proper perspective and God’s empowering presence will see you through anything you face.
- From the rising of the sun to the going down of the same the name of the Lord is worthy to be praised. So keep a praise on your lips in every situation. This is how you live in a stress-free environment. As you are praising you are reminding yourself of God’s limitless power, and this reminder will keep you from stress. There is nothing to stress about when you know the God who can do all things is living IN you. God is ON you, IN you, WITH and FOR you. Therefore, nothing can stop you. So in the middle of your challenge… GET YOUR PRAISE BACK and begin to GIVE GOD PRAISE!
Father, this is a season of expectation for me. I live every day in expectation of Your best. I live every moment in anticipation of Your promises. This is why I keep a praise on my lips. I praise You from the time I get up, to the time I fall asleep. I praise You IN all things and AT all times. If I ever feel down, if my praise is ever low, I meditate and medicate on Your Word. As I think about Your promises to me, I quickly GET MY PRAISE BACK! Living this way I am able to enter every day with a smile on my face, a spring in my step, a song on my heart, and a praise my your lips! I declare this by faith. In Jesus’ name, Amen!
This is Today’s Word. Apply it and prosper!