Today we continue our new series entitled, “Heaven on Earth,” by going back to the beginning. Today I am going to focus in on the fact that you are called to live your life as ONE with the Father in this world. Receiving this truth is your heart is key to opening your heart to experience heaven on earth.
I am just going to jump into it this morning with several points.
So what does this mean to you today? Let’s see.
1. The Apostle Paul said: “Now Christ is the visible expression of the invisible God.” (Colossians 1:15 J. B. Phillips). The Bible teaches us that Christ was the visible expression of an invisible God. People cannot not see God. But while Jesus was on the earth, they could see Him. The people Jesus encountered could not see heaven. But Jesus, while He was on the earth, was able to bring heaven to them. He walked around displaying heaven’s reality on this planet. Now that Jesus is gone, He left us to continue what He started. People cannot see God today, but they can see us. We are the visible expressions of an invisible God. People may not know what heaven is like, but when they come in contact with us, they are supposed to get a glimpse of it. But in order to fully operate in this capacity, you must see yourself “As Jesus is, in this world.” (1 Jn 4:17). In order to fully embrace your divine assignment, you cannot see any separation between you and God, between God and you. You must see yourself as ONE with the Father and see Him as ONE with you!
2. In the prayer Jesus prayed for us (see John 17), He prayed that we would be ONE with the Father, like He was ONE with the Father (verse 11). Jesus was God in the flesh. He was the incarnation of God in the earth. We are the continuation of His incarnation.
3. The Apostle Paul said: “This message is the secret truth that was hidden since the beginning of time. It was hidden from everyone for ages, but now it has been made known to God’s holy people. God decided to let his people know just how rich and glorious that truth is. That secret truth, which is for all people, is that Christ lives in you, his people. He is our hope for glory.” (Colossians 1:26,27 Easy To Read). Many people think God wants us to see ourselves as FAR below Him. In our humanity, this is certainly the case. But we have been redeemed! There is a mystery that was hidden for ages and Paul said it was revealed. What is that mystery? It is the fact that “Christ lives in you!” That’s the mystery that was revealed. That’s the gospel. That’s the good news. We are human, yes! But we are humans with a God living on the inside of us. We are human conduits of the divine. When we fully embrace this truth, we will become visible expressions of an invisible God!
4. In John 14 Jesus got upset with Philip, because Philip asked Jesus to reveal the Father to them. Jesus said, “If you have seen me, you have seen the Father. I am in the Father and the Father is in me.” Jesus lived His life as ONE with the Father. Jesus wanted people to see Him as the physical representation of an invisible God. Guess what? Jesus expects us, today, to live with the same mindset.
5. The Father wants us to live with the same mindset Jesus had. He wants us to be able to say, “If you have seen me, you have seen the Father. I am in the Father and the Father is in me. I am ONE with the Father and the Father is ONE with me.” Now, if you are religious, your mind just went haywire when I said that. A religious person will never see themselves as ONE with God. A religious person is way too focused on their humanity to fully embrace their divinity. A religious person would think it presumptuous to claim to be like God. But to God it is not presumptuous at all. The Father is not upset when we make such statements. He is happy. He is a proud Father. He is pleased with the fact that we believe His love enough to fully embrace it to the point where we can see ourselves AS JESUS IS, in this world!
Declaration of Faith:
Father, I thank You for helping me to fully embrace ALL You are IN me! I am ONE with You and You are ONE with me! I am IN You and You are IN me. I am not disconnected from You in any way. I don’t lack a thing. I don’t have a need You have not already supplied. You live in heaven, but You also live in the earth, because You live IN ME! You want to influence the people of this world and the systems of this world. You can and will do it through me. The kingdoms of this world SHALL BECOME the Kingdoms of my Lord, and of His Christ, and it will happen THROUGH ME! Because I am a man/woman with a God on the inside of him/her. This is why I boldly declare: As Jesus is, so am I, in this world! Today the world will see a representation of heaven on this planet and it will happen through me! I declare this by faith. In Jesus’ name, Amen!
This is Today’s Word. Apply it and prosper!