Today we continue to teach on our overall theme for the year: “GREAT FREEDOM.” We have been looking at 2 Corinthians 4:13 for days. Let’s go back to it today.
(2 Corinthians 4:13 NKJV)
And since we have the same spirit of faith, according to what is written, “I believed and therefore I spoke,” we also believe and therefore speak.
I always want us to look at Romans:10:9,10. This is how we got saved. We were Born-Again when we spoken words of faith from a believing heart.
(Romans 10:9,10 NIV)
If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.
Lastly scripture, I want us to take a look at the account of what Jairus said to Jesus when his daughter was at the point of death.
(Mark 5:23 KJV)
Jairus besought Jesus greatly, saying, My little daughter lieth at the point of death: I pray thee, come and lay thy hands on her, that she may be healed; and she shall live.
So what does this mean for you today? A few things.
1. Jairus did not omit the facts: Being a man/woman of faith who is determined to speak the language of faith does not mean that you have to omit the facts. Jairus spoke the facts first. He explained that his daughter was sick and literally at death’s door. Some people, in an attempt to always speak words of faith, refuse to speak the facts of their situation. Meaning, if sickness has attacked your body, it is alright to admit it, and then simply follow up the facts with the truth. Follow up by saying that you are resisting the sickness and in the process of receiving your healing (healing Jesus provided 2,000 years ago), by faith.
2. Jairus did not allow the facts to override his faith: Immediately after stating the facts, Jairus spoke words of faith. He declared, with his own lips, that his daughter would be healed and that she would live through the hands of Jesus. The truth (God and His Word), is always greater than the facts of this world.
Jairus spoke the language of faith. After speaking what he saw, he spoke what he believed. If you only speak what you see, you will never change what you see! You have to speak what God sees in order to see what God sees in this world!
3. Jairus exposed his level of belief with his words: Jesus had already healed a Centurion’s servant without having to visit his house. Jesus could have easily SPOKEN healing over Jairus’ daughter from the seashore. But Jairus’ level of belief was not the same as the Centurion. The Centurion just needed Jesus to SAY it. Jairus need to SEE it. He needed Jesus to go to his house and lay His hands on his daughter in order for him to believe. That is where his lever of belief. Jesus did not condemn him for it or compare him to the Centurion. Jesus simply met Jairus at his level of belief and He will do the same for you.
4. Jairus spoke words of faith from a believing heart: Jairus did what you and I did when we became Christians. He confessed with his mouth and believed in his heart (Rom 10:9,10). Speaking words you don’t believe does nothing. When you close out every Today’s Word message with the “Declaration of Faith,” it is my prayer that you speak the words of faith from a believing heart. If you do, you will have what you say. But if you don’t, empty words meaning nothing to God, because they mean nothing to you!
5. You are going to have what you SAY! When we received Jesus as Lord the combination of speaking and believing caused God to honor His Word and transfer us from the Kingdom of darkness into the Kingdom of His dear Son. Likewise, the combination of speaking and believing moved Jesus to action in this story. Jesus left the seashore and headed to Jairus’ house. When Jesus arrived at the home the little girl was dead. But that did not move Jesus. He went over, laid hands on her, and she came alive. Why did Jesus do it this way? Jesus could have spoken to the girl as He did to Lazarus, and she would have come alive. But Jesus had to lay hands on her because that is what Jairus SAID! Jesus did exactly what Jairus said!
Even when Jesus was on the way to Jairus’ house, there was a woman with an issue of blood. She kept saying, “If I can just but touch Jesus’ clothes, I will be healed.” Hundreds of people were touching Jesus and nothing happened. But when she touched Jesus, POWER was released from Jesus’ body and she was healed. Why? Because that is WHAT SHE SAID!
Speaking words of faith from a believing heart got Jairus’ daughter raised from the dead. Speaking words of faith from a believing heart got a woman who had her menstrual cycle stuck in the “ON” position for 12 years to stop bleeding. Speaking words of faith from a believing heart got you saved from satan, hell, and the grave. If speaking words of faith from a believing heart saved you from hell, then it can save you from whatever you are facing this morning!
You are going to have what you SAY when you truly BELIEVE the words you SAY! You cannot fool God with empty words. He sees your heart. Empty words mean nothing. But when you DECLARE what God has DECREED over your life, and you BELIEVE what you are SAYING, it is only a matter of time before you SEE what you SAID in this world!
That’s enough for today.
Declaration of Faith:
Father, I confess with my mouth and believe in my heart that You are greater than anything or anyone I face. You are my God! You are my Lord. I worship You and You alone! You are the only true God, and You are the greatest force in my life. I speak words of faith from a believing heart and I experience what I say. I always speak what You have spoken over me. I declare what You have decreed. And I say, that I am the head and not the tail, above and never beneath, the lender and not the borrower, the victor and never the victim, the winner and not the loser! I am who You say I am. I can do what YOu say I can do. And I will leave a mark in this world that will not easily be erased. Because I am not the one doing it. It is You Father… living in me! You give me the words and You perform the work! So I have victory and peace in every area of my life! I declare this by faith. In Jesus’ name. Amen!
This is Today’s Word. Apply it and prosper!