This morning we continue our series entitled “Leveling Up with the Word!” We have been looking at the parable of the sower. Let’s get back to it today.
Setting the stage:
(Mark 4:13-20 ERV)
“The farmer is like someone who plants God’s teaching in people. Sometimes the teaching falls on the path. That is like some people who hear the teaching of God. As soon as they hear it, Satan comes and takes away the teaching that was planted in them.
Other people are like the seed planted on rocky ground. They hear the teaching, and they quickly and gladly accept it. But they don’t allow it to go deep into their lives. They keep it only a short time. As soon as trouble or persecution comes because of the teaching they accepted, they give up.
Others are like the seed planted among the thorny weeds. They hear the teaching, but their lives become full of other things: the worries of this life, the love of money, and everything else they want. This keeps the teaching from growing, and it does not produce a crop in their lives.
And others are like the seed planted on the good ground. They hear the teaching and accept it. Then they grow and produce a good crop—sometimes 30 times more, sometimes 60 times more, and sometimes 100 times more.”
Yesterday we started looking at the rocky ground. These are the people who, as Jesus said, “Hear the teaching, and they quickly and gladly accept it. But they don’t allow it to go deep into their lives. They keep it only a short time. As soon as trouble or persecution comes because of the teaching they accepted, they give up.” Let’s go deeper.
So what does this mean for you today? A few things.
1. The potential found in the Word of God is boundless and supernatural. God’s Word can, without question, change your life forever. However, Jesus taught us that this boundless actually attracts opposition from the enemy. Satan wants to stop you before you tap into the power of the Word that was sown into your heart. So when the Word comes, don’t be ignorant of the fact that trouble and persecution will come BECAUSE of the Word.
2. God goes out of His way to sow His Word into your heart because He knows the power His Word contains. Once His Word is in your heart, God expects you to apply it and perform it because He knows that the Word you fail to put into action is Word that is lying dormant in your heart. This Word has potential, but you are not realizing its power because you are not applying what it says. If we would be honest, we all know more Word than we are living right now. This means that there is power locked up inside of us that we have not tapped into yet.
3. If you read Ephesians 6, and you look at all the pieces of the full armor of God, you will realize that the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God, is the ONLY OFFENSIVE weapon. When we apply the Word, we are going on OFFENSE against the attacks of the enemy. Jesus was tempted by satan three times in the wilderness, and all three times He responded with the Word of God. What was the result? Satan was powerless against God’s Word.
4. Since the devil knows how much power there is in God’s Word, he will attempt to change the circumstances around you (trouble comes) and manipulate the people around you to put pressure on you (persecution comes), because he knows he has no power against the Word of God. If you are being led of Gods spirit and standing on God’s Word, satan knows he is powerless against you. However, if he can create trouble and pressure (persecution), he hopes that you will give up, cave in, and quit. In other words, satan cannot stop you when you are operating in the Word, but you can stop yourself if you allow trouble and pressure to cause you to get frustrated.
5. In general, when satan comes after you, he is not concerned with you, per se. He is attacking the purpose God placed IN you. Satan wants to stifle you before you maximize your purpose and potential on the earth. He doesn’t care if you go to church on Sunday or sing songs throughout the week. What scares him is when you actually attempt to maximize your purpose, to the extent that you cooperate with God, so God can change the world through you. That’s what concerns satan. In like manner, when God sows His Word in your heart, satan comes after the Word. He is not after you, per se, He is after the Word because he knows what can happen if God’s Word is allowed to produce in your life.
6. Satan is so concerned about the Word of God sown in your heart, the Bible says he comes immediately to attempt to snatch it away.
7. Jesus taught us to grow by receiving and responding to God’s Word. Jesus put a premium on hearing from God and living by every Word you can see, hear and understand. But Jesus also explained that trouble and persecution will come, BECAUSE of the Word. Satan will do all he can to cause you to give up on God, and the Word you received from Him BEFORE that Word produces in your life. Satan knows he cannot stop God, nor can he stop the power of the Word. But satan can attempt to get you discouraged and/or even depressed. If you get frustrated and give up BEFORE harvest time, then you basically stopped yourself. Satan can’t stop you, but YOU can stop YOU! The only way you can lose is if you quit.
8. If you don’t intend on applying God’s Word, it’s almost better that you stay away from it. Because once it is in your heart, the power is either going to change you or attract opposition from satan. In this way, we are basically held responsible for the Word that is sown in our hearts. God is looking for the Word to produce change (in us) and fruit (from us). Satan is looking to put pressure on us so we don’t apply the Word we heard. So basically, God and satan are focused on the Word that was sown in our hearts. If you truly understand this, you will honor the Word on a greater level in this season; you will realize that if you truly want to LEVEL UP your life, you are going to have to LEVEL UP your commitment to God’s Word.
That’s enough for today.
Declaration of Faith:
Father, this is a season of LEVELING UP for me! I bring my life into focus in 2021 by giving careful attention to Your Word. I meditate and medicate on Your Word day and night. I allow Your Word to produce in my life. I cooperate with You, so You can freely operate in me. I keep my eyes, my heart, and my mind fixed and focused on You. I refuse to give up, cave in or quit. I remain focused every day of my life, and as I do, You are able to change the world through me! As You are working through me, I am unstoppable! When You are flowing through me, by Your Word and Your Spirit, stopping me would mean stopping You, and You cannot be stopped! I LEVEL UP my life in 2021 by LEVELING UP my commitment to Your Word! GREATER IS COMING FOR ME! I declare this by faith. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
This is Today’s Word! Apply it and Prosper.