(1 Tim 2:1 NIV) I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone.
This morning we continue our series entitled, “Re-Energizing Your Prayer Life,” by continuing to look at “What to Pray For.” Here are a few more suggestions about whom and what to pray for:
For the Salvation of the Lost:
- For wisdom in soul-winning: (from Prov 11:30) The Word says that we must be wise in winning souls. Pray that the Father would birth a desire believers for soul-winning and that He would give us the wisdom concerning what to do and how to do it.
- That we would draw the lost with God’s Love: (from Rom 5:5) Since God’s love has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit, that we operate in that Love. That we love the HELL right out of the lost. That God’s love would permeate through us – to them – causing repentance! That they would be convinced, convicted, and converted!
- For deliverance from the deception of the enemy: (from John 12:37-40) The Word says that even after Jesus had performed many miracles and signs, many would STILL NOT believe in God, because satan had BLINDED their eyes and DEADENED their hearts. Pray that power of satan be BROKEN off of the lost. That they may clearly see that they are lost; that they are sinners in need of a Savior. That they may call upon the Name of the Lord and be saved.
- That the Holy Spirit Himself would be poured out among the lost, that the light of the glorious gospel would shine to those in darkness and that they would respond with a heart yearning for God’s salvation/Glory!
- (from Luke 10:2) Since the harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest so send out workers into His harvest field. That the Father would fill every city, suburb, and county in the United States with His presence, power, anointing, mercy, and grace.
- (from Mat 28:18-20) That we would go… preaching, teaching and baptizing the lost into a saving relationship with Jesus the Christ. And that we would then disciple them into fully equipped citizens of the Kingdom of God.
- (from Luke 14:23) That we would go highways and hedges, and compel the lost to come to Jesus, that the Father’s house may be filled.
- (from Luke 4:18) That the Father would assign people to preach the Gospel to the poor, healing to the broken hearted, deliverance to the captives, the recovering of sight the blind, liberty to them that are bruised, and restoration and salvation to all men.
- For an Open Door of Utterance: That the Father would give men and women all over the world favor in the sight of national leaders. That they would be given the forum from which to Preach the Gospel would boldness and clarity. That the Gospel would be preached to every nation on the planet, so that souls would be saved and so that the Father would be glorified!
So what does this mean to you today? With these suggestions, the only thing left to do is to actually pray. So let’s do just that.
Closing Prayer: Father, I come to You in the name of Your Son and my Savior, Jesus the Christ. I have direct access to You through Jesus and this morning I come asking You, the Lord of the Harvest, to send laborers into the world. The harvest is plentiful. There are many unsaved and unrepentant. It is not Your desire that any would perish, but that all would come to know Your Son Jesus as Lord. Your desire is also my desire. I take authority over the blindness of eyes and hardness of hearts that satan has caused many to walk in. Open their eyes Father that they may see and know the truth. Soften their hearts that they may be open and welcoming to the Gospel. Manifest Your glory and grace to believers all over the world, so that we would share a kind word, helping hand, the Gospel, or anything we need to share with the lost to bring them into the knowledge of the truth. I have a true desire to see the lost saved. I was once lost, but someone cared enough about me to share the Gospel with me. As I and other believers all over the world share the Gospel message this week, give us the wisdom to do so effectively so the lost will be convinced, convicted, and converted. I ask all these things in Jesus’ name. Amen!
This is Today’s Word! Apply it and Prosper!