This morning we continue our series, “Maximizing 2015 by God’s GREAT GRACE.” I have been so caught-up in this series that I did not realize the month of January is almost over. I thank God for what He allowed me to teach you about grace and now I have asked the Father to allow me to teach you a little about divine vision. Every January I teach on vision because I attempt to have my family’s vision for the year laid out by the end of the month. Our family spends January in a time of fasting and prayer and we then enter February with what we believe is God’s vision for the year.
I told you that I believe 2015 is going to be a year of Great Grace. But that is what God has spoken to me. You must hear from God for yourself and your family. If you don’t hear from God, then chances are you won’t maximize the season you are in.
Paul said, “I am allowed to do anything,” you say. My answer to this is that not all things are good”
(1 Cor 6:12). While it is true that you can do just about anything you want, because God has made you a free moral agent, you should want to do only those things that line up with God’s purpose and vision for your life in this season.
Solomon said, “Where there is no prophetic vision the people have no restraint.” (Prov 29:18). People with no vision from God try just about anything and everything, without ever truly being led of God to do the divine thing. People with divine vision are restrained and focused on God’s divine assignment – an assignment God has already given them the grace to accomplish.
My prayer for you for 2015 is that you:
- Accomplish what the Father ordained for you to accomplish in the year.
- That you make the Kingdom impact in this world you are graced to make.
- That you get incrementally closer to God’s overall expected end for your life.
So what does this mean to you today? A few things.
1. God made plans for you before the world began. God’s purpose for your life is established and unchanging.
2. Aftering being Born-Again, your goal should be to find, follow, and finish your purpose before we die.
3. God reveals His plan for your life, your divine purpose, in a way that is both incremental and progressive. He won’t give it all to you at once. The more you walk with Him and grow, the more you will be able to “see”.
4. Divine vision is sight, birthed from insight, with the benefit of hindsight. God gives you this so you we can have direction for life.
5. God’s vision will always be too big for you to accomplish without Him. God’s vision always requires God’s provision. Therefore, in order to accomplish it you must use your faith and you have to get past your comfort zone.
6. God’s instruction is equal to His injection. God will only tell you to do what He has already given you the grace to accomplish. Don’t ask God for the grace to do it, as if you don’t already have it. No, pray the prayer of faith that will tap into the power God has already placed IN you to do what He is leading you to do.
7. Once you receive what you believe is God’s vision for this season, your job is to:
a) Believe it.
b) Receive it in your heart.
c) Declare it with your mouth – take God public!
d) Step out in faith – pursuing it with your actions.
Closing Confession: Father, I thank You for Your Great Grace towards me. You made plans for me before the world began. Those plans contain my divine purpose. As I walk with You and You walk with me, You reveal Your plans for my life to me in a way I can handle and understand. You don’t tell me everything, but You allow me to see what I need to see in order to maximize the season I am in. This divine vision is foresight, birthed from insight, with the benefit of hindsight. I don’t loosely stumble my way through life. I am able to SEE what You want me to do, in each season, and I am therefore able to maximize one season as I prepare for the next. As You allow me to see what I need to see for 2015, I declare that this year shall be the best year of my life. I have the faith to step out into all You reveal to me, even when it flies in the face of reason, logic, or common sense. I don’t live by what I see with my natural eyes, I live by faith… by what I see in the Spirit. And as I step out in faith, with the clarity of vision, pursuing my purpose, Your grace is on me to succeed! Whatever You expect me to do, You have already equipped me to do, by Your grace, for Your glory. Living this way, with this understanding, I am able to maximize every year as I seek to arrive at Your overall desired destination for my life! I declare this by faith. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
This is Today’s Word! Apply it and Prosper!