This morning we continue our series entitled, “Refined Focus”, with an emphasis on “Focusing on God’s Finished Work”. For the last few days we have looked at Ecclesiastes 3:15. This morning we are going back to it. We keep looking at this verse for two reasons. First, it lines up perfectly with what I have been teaching you on God’s Finished Work. Second, the concept contained in this verse is hard for many to grasp. If I would have simply addressed it one time, most of you would have failed to receive what God is saying. As humans, we often need to hear something over and over, and over again. Which is why I take my time when dealing with Biblical concepts that exceed rational thought. This is certainly one of those. So let’s get back to it. The Bible says:
“That which is has already been, and that which will be has already been, for God seeks what has passed by [so that history repeats itself].”
So what does this mean to you today? A few things.
1. Since God planned for your arrival and prepared your life’s assignment before you were born, there is a divine future seeking to become manifest in your life. The process of discerning that future and aligning your current decisions with it is called FAITH.
2. The Lord said the following through the prophet Isaiah: “In the beginning, I told you what would happen in the end. A long time ago, I told you things that have not happened yet. When I plan something, it happens.” (Isaiah 46:10 ERV). The truth is that our future is heaven’s past. The God who calls the end from the beginning and calls you into your future from your present.
3. God reveals things to you about your future and He wants you to find JOY in them. It is the JOY associated with what you see in your future that enables you to ‘power your way’ through the process of this present time.
4. Faith is not you moving God, faith is God moving you. Faith is what happens when what God has revealed to you about your future becomes so real to you, that you pursue it with divine confidence, even when it flies in the face of what you are seeing in the present.
5. Faith is not something you do to persuade God. Faith is what happens to you when you are so persuaded of God that you are not dissuaded by anything you see in this world.
6. Living by faith means you have fallen in love with the future God has for you and you will not stop until you experience what God has revealed. You live every day with an expectation to RECEIVE (in your hands) what God has already REVEALED (in your heart).
Closing Confession: Father, this is a season of refined focus for me. I have brought my life into focus in 2016. I live by faith now, on another level, because You have taught me on another level. You planned an amazing life for me. You did this before I was born. You did this completely by grace. I now live by faith, daily accessing Your amazing grace. My faith receives what Your grace has provided. My faith receives what Your Spirit reveals. I have seen my future. I now enter this day fully persuaded that what You have promised, You are able also to perform, and You will do so in my life! I have fallen in love with the future You planned and I live every day in expectation of manifestation! I declare this by faith! In Jesus’ name. Amen.
This is Today’s Word! Apply it and Prosper.