Note: Isabella and I are headed to the Dominican Republic today to visit our schools and our church there. Because of flights and other obligations, I will NOT send out Today’s Word tomorrow or Monday. The next message will be on Tuesday. Enjoy the weekend and please pray for us as we go.
Today we continue our series, “As Jesus Is”, under the banner of the overall series for the year, “Supernatural Manifestation.” We have been looking at 1 John 4:16,17 for months. Recently I added Colossians 1 to it. Let’s get back to both passages today.
The Apostle John said:
And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love; and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him. Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
(1 John 4:16, 17 KJV)
The Apostle Paul said:
“I am happy in my sufferings for you. There is much that Christ must still suffer. And I gladly accept my part of those sufferings in my body for the good of his body, the church. I became a servant of the church because God gave me a special work to do. This work helps you. My work is to tell the complete message of God. This message is the secret truth that was hidden since the beginning of time. It was hidden from everyone for ages, but now it has been made known to God’s holy people. God decided to let his people know just how rich and glorious that truth is. That secret truth, which is for all people, is that Christ lives in you, his people. He is our hope for glory.”
(Colossians 1:24-27 Easy To Read Version)
Today I will focus in on this statement: “That secret truth, which is for all people, is that Christ lives in you, his people. He is our hope for glory.”
So what does this mean to you today? A few things.
- God does not just want to live in heaven. He wants to live in the earth. He wants to live IN you.
- God lived INSIDE of Adam in the Garden of Eden. Adam sinned. Sin broke the relationship and the intimacy. After sin, God no longer lived INSIDE of man. Under the Old Covenant, man attempted to get a glimpse of what Adam had 24×7, living INSIDE of him. Under the Old Covenant, men yearned to be in the presence of God and they had to visit God in a temple. Under the New Covenant, because of the redemption of Jesus, God’s presence has been restored. The Holy Spirit is no longer in a temple. WE ARE THE TEMPLE of God and His Spirit dwells IN us.
- Here is a truth you must embrace in order to maximize your purpose and potential: God lives IN you and He want to live THROUGH you. He wants to be the star of your life’s story! Will you let Him? Or will you be too selfish to allow God to be seen?
- You are a reflection of who God is in the earth. People can’t see God, but they can see you. He wants to be seen IN you!
- You are God’s prize. You are His representation in this world. You are His glory in the earth. It’s time for you to live like it.
- The more you walk with God, and the more you die to self, the more God is able to be seen IN and THROUGH you.
- The more you walk with God, and the more you die to self, the more you are transformed into His image. You are gradually and continually becoming who He is, from glory to glory to glory.
Closing Confession: Father, this is a year of Great Victory for me, because I am dying to me, and I am living for You. The more I die, the more I become like You. I behold Your glory and I am being transformed into that very same image, from faith to faith, and from glory to glory. I enter this day knowing You live IN me, and that You want to be seen. I declare that You will! Which is why I boldly declare: “As Jesus is, so am I, in this world!” I declare this by faith. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
This is Today’s Word! Apply it and Prosper.