Today we continue our series entitled, “Grace and Truth” by continuing to look at by continuing to look at The Law given under Moses vs. the Grace provided by Jesus. Our main scriptures are John 1:14 & 17. Let’s look at them again.
(John 1:14 NIV)
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
(John 1:17 NIV)
For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
We have studied Galatins chapters 3, 4 and some of 5. For the last few messages we have been looking at Galatians 5:6. I was going to move on from this verse today, but this morning the Lord was speaking to me about it again. It is clear that He has more to say. So let’s go back to it.
(Galatians 5:6 KJV)
For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth anything, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.
So what does this mean for you today? A few things:
1. God is immeasurable, inexhaustible, and infinitely limitless. We, as humans, are finite and limited; until, of course, we become filled with the Holy Spirit. Once we are Born-Again, the God of no limits is living inside of us. Since there is nothing He cannot do, there is nothing we cannot do, by His grace. Without God there are plenty of things we cannot do. With God we can do all things through Christ and the power God deposited down inside of us. The challenge then becomes BELIEVING and RECEIVING what God reveals that He wants to do in/with/through us. If we can ever get past our limited mindset, the impossible will become possible for us!
2. Wherever God gives imparts vision, it is because He has already He obligated Himself for the provision. He will never INSTRUCT you to do something He has not already INJECTED you with. Meaning that if God is telling you to do something, it is because His grace is already on you to get it done. Your job is not measure up to the task with your performance or human effort. Your job is simply to believe God. If you can believe, God can perform!
3. God’s dreams have no limits because His resources have no end. God is limitless by nature. He wants us to open our hearts to His best. In order to do so, our mind must be renewed to the point where we no longer judge God’s goodness towards us based on our performance towards Him. Performance-based religion trains you to only expect good from God when you feel like your performance has been good towards Him. The problem with this mindset is that we will NEVER be good enough to earn God’s vision. What He calls us to do is not based on our performance. It is based on His goodness. Until you decouple your faith from your perceived goodness, or human performance, you will never open your heart wide enough to receive all God is calling you to do.
4. Stop dreaming man-sized dreams. God-sized dreams require God to do, in you, with you, and through you, things that you could never earn. So stop trying to earn it. Your job is to BELIEVE!
5. God will give you a vision that you can’t share with everyone, because they will think you are crazy. His vision will exceed your education, experience, background, money, and every earthly qualification. God does not call the qualified. He qualifies the called by His grace. So your job is to not to attempt to measure up to the size of the task with your performance. Your job is to believe God will do what He said He would do, even though you know it far exceeds what you have earned, even though you feel inherently unworthy, and even though you have no idea how it is going to get done. Your job is not to figure it out. God already figured it out. Your job is to believe. If you can believe, the Holy Spirit can achieve through you!
6. Paul taught so much about being delivered from performance-based religion because our performance will never be good enough to earn God’s goodness towards us. Grace is unearned. Grace is undeserved. You don’t work for grace. You open your heart to receive it. Your faith says “YES” to God’s grace. This is how we are supposed to live!
Declaration of Faith:
Father, I thank You for making plans for me before the world began, and for calling me from my mother’s womb. You knew all the mistakes I would make and You called me anyway. You did not call me based on my performance. You called me based on Your goodness. Therefore, I know my performance could never measure up to the magnitude of the call. I do not live my life trying to work for Your vision. My job is to BELIEVE. I declare that I do. I am a believer and not a doubter. I walk by faith and not by fear. I believe and receive all You have called me to do. You provide the grace, I provide the faith. My faith accesses Your grace and I am able to do what I could never do without You. I see the invisible. I believe and perform the impossible. I live the supernatural daily! I declare this by faith. In Jesus’ name. Amen!
This is Today’s Word. Apply it and prosper!