Today we continue our series entitled, “Grace and Truth” by continuing to look at by continuing to look at The Law given under Moses vs. the Grace provided by Jesus. Our main scriptures are John 1:14 & 17. Let’s look at them again.
(John 1:14 New International Version)
The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
(John 1:17 New International Version)
For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
In this series we studied Galatians 3, 4, and 5. We finally got to the fruit of the Holy Spirit. We are going through all the fruit of the Spirit. We have been dealing with “faith that prevails” for a few days. We will continue today.
(Galatians 5:22,23 The Passion Translation)
But the fruit produced by the Holy Spirit within you is divine love in all its varied expressions:
joy that overflows,
peace that subdues,
patience that endures,
kindness in action,
a life full of virtue,
faith that prevails,
gentleness of heart, and
strength of spirit.
Never set the law above these qualities, for they are meant to be limitless.
Last week I introduced you to four levels of faith:
1. Faith in the works (what you see).
2. Faith in the Word (what you read).
3. Faith in a rhema Word (what you hear).
4. Faith in God (the person).
Today I will mention another level. This is the highest level (I believe). It is entering into God’s rest.
So what does this mean for you today? A few things.
1. The writer of Hebrews told us that we have to LABOR to enter into God’s rest (Heb 4:11). Resting in what God said is not always easy. You have to LABOR to do it. You must WORK on NOT WORKING. You have to remind yourself, over and over again, of what God promised, so you can resist the temptation to give up on it or to do something else. This is where the Holy Spirit comes in. He will remind you, as many times as you need reminding, that God is going to do what He said He would do in your life!
2. Remember, faith is not about you trying to get God to move. He already moved. He already did all He was going to do in eternity. As far as He is concerned, in heaven, it’s already done. But for you, in the earth, it is a matter of TIME. When you truly understand this, and God gives you a promise, you know you are not trying to get God to give you what He promised. If it’s part of His story for your life, it’s already yours. The key is not trying to get God to do… the key is discovering what He has already done for you and then exercising faith to receive and experience that reality in the earth.
3. We don’t try to get God to save anyone today. God already provided salvation through Jesus 2,000 years ago. All we do today is to attempt to get people to ACCEPT what is already done. Our faith accesses His grace. If someone ACCEPTS eternal life today, they are Born-Again. They get saved. But God did not have to do anything. He already did it. All they had to do was RECEIVE God’s finished work. This is how faith works for everything.
4. We don’t have to get God to heal anyone today. God provided healing through the stripes of Jesus 2,000 years ago. While people are trying to get God to heal them, He is trying to get them to ACCEPT the healing He already provided. When you understand God’s grace and what faith really is — believing and receiving what He has already done — you can enter into God’s rest.
5. I will give you an analogy most people can understand. I will give you a story of someone in the military, believing God for a promotion. I served in the Army for 25 years and my wife served 21. Most of my adult life I was in uniform. Needless to say, I know a few things about the Army. God graced me to get promoted quickly and to receive every promotion I was able to in my career. For that I am extremely thankful. When you are Soldier and you have a promotion opportunity coming up, you attempt to do everything YOU CAN to ensure you get promoted. YOU attempt to “DOT EVERY I” and “CROSS EVERY T”. YOU attempt to check every block. YOU attempt to make it through every gate. Once you have done your part, you submit your records before the Board.
You know when the Board meets and you know when the results are going to be published. When the results are published, you were either selected or not. If you were SELECTED for Promotion, then your name is on the list. YOU HAVE BEEN CHOSEN! But it may take up to a YEAR before you actually PIN ON THE RANK!
In that year you are waiting to get promoted, BUT YOU ARE RESTING WHILE YOU ARE WAITING… BECAUSE YOU KNOW IT’S ALREADY DONE!
Even though you are NOT WEARING the RANK yet, YOU KNOW YOU HAVE IT!
YOU KNOW IT’s DONE!
YOU KNOW IT’s FINISHED!
YOU KNOW IT’s PAST-TENSE!
YOU KNOW IT HAS BEEN DECIDED!
IT’s ALREADY DONE… and IT IS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE YOU GET TO WEAR WHAT HAS ALREADY BEEN DECIDED!
You are not working to get THAT RANK anymore.
YOU’VE ALREADY BEEN SELECTED!
YOU’VE ALREADY BEEN CHOSEN!
YOUR FUTURE HAS ALREADY BEEN DECIDED!
IT’s ONLY A MATTER OF TIME!
This is how FAITH works:
Faith is not about you attempting to get God to put a“YES” on your plans.
Faith is God attempting to get you to “REST IN HIS PLANS!”
Faith is not you attempting to convince God to decide.
Faith is God attempting to get you to REST IN WHAT HAS ALREADY BEEN DECIDED!
This is why REVELATION must precede Faith.
Faith begins where the Will of God is known.
You can’t be IN FAITH until you know what God has ALREADY DECIDED!
But once YOU KNOW, YOU CAN REST!
In heaven, IT’s ALREADY DONE!
In the earth, IT’s ONLY A MATTER OF TIME!
That’s enough for today.
Declaration of Faith:
Father, You are a Spirit and You speak to me, by Your Spirit, directly. I receive downloads from heaven daily. I receive revelation that far exceeds anything I could receive through education. You speak to me and I believe and receive everything You say. When You reveal something to me. I know it’s already and it’s already done. I enter into Your rest where that is concerned. I am not working to earn or deserve anything. I live by faith in what You have already provided. And I labor to maintain my rest. I am not moved, shaken or stressed by anything or anyone. I enter into Your rest, I live in a stress free environment, and I walk out every Word You reveal to me. I am the just and I LIVE by faith! In heaven it’s already done. For me it is only a matter of TIME! I declare this by faith. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
This is Today’s Word. Apply it and prosper!