Today we continue our mini-series entitled “A New Dimension of Glory!” This series is under the overall theme for the year: “GREAT FREEDOM.” A couple of messages ago I introduced you to a passage in 2 Corinthians 3. Let’s get back to it today.
(2 Corinthians 3:7-11, 17&18 Easy to Read Version)
7 The old agreement that brought death, written with words on stone, came with God’s glory. In fact, the face of Moses was so bright with glory (a glory that was ending) that the people of Israel could not continue looking at his face.
8 So surely the new agreement that comes from the life-giving Spirit has even more glory.
9 This is what I mean: That old agreement judged people guilty of sin, but it had glory. So surely the new agreement that makes people right with God has much greater glory.
10 That old agreement had glory. But it really loses its glory when it is compared to the much greater glory of the new agreement.
11 If the agreement that was brought to an end came with glory, then the agreement that never ends has much greater glory.
17 The Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.
18 And our faces are not covered. We all show the Lord’s glory, and we are being changed to be like him. This change in us brings more and more glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
So what does this mean for you today? I will share a few thoughts around this theme: The Old Agreement (or Covenant) was limiting, but the New Agreement (or Covenant) is liberating.
1. The purpose of the Old Agreement (or Covenant) was to show us, as humans, how flawed we are. However, under the New Agreement (or Covenant), our flaws are no longer an issue for us. We find peace and power in turning our limits over to a God who has none.
2. The Old Agreement (or Covenant) highlighted the frailty of our humanity. The New Agreement highlights the limitless nature of God’s power. His supernatural ability is now available to us.
3. The Old Agreement (or Covenant) focused on what NOT to do. Under the New Agreement, the emphasis is on the fact that WE CAN DO ALL THINGS, by God’s grace and through His limitless power.
4. Under the Old Agreement (or Covenant) the Holy Spirit lived inside the temple, in the Most Holy Place. The only person authorized to visit the Holy Spirit was the High Priest, and even then, he could only do it once a year. Under the New Agreement, WE ARE the temple of God and the Holy Spirit lives inside of us. We get to carry a presence they could only visit. And God’s presence brings with it His peace and power. We are God carriers now and we get to take God with us into every meeting, conversation, and activity.
5. The Old Agreement had a glory that faded away over time. The New Agreement gives us access to God’s permanent presence. Once we are Born-Again, we are sealed with the Holy Spirit and He will never leave us. This permanent presence gives us access to permanent glory. The glory of God can be manifested IN us and THROUGH us, and this can happen AT ANY TIME! Understanding this, we can live with supernatural expectations and excitement. Because there is no limit to what God can do through us.
6. The Old Agreement (or Covenant) was limiting, but the New Agreement is liberating. The Old Agreement confined us to a series of “thou shalt nots.” Under the New Agreement, we receive the Holy Spirit and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is FREEDOM! We get to walk with God and enjoy life as He walks with us. There’s nothing we can’t do. Sin has no power over us. Fear no longer has a stronghold over our minds or our hearts. Through the Holy Spirit, we can tap into the power of God to truly live FREE of all bondage. We are free in our minds, so we can think and act like God. We are free from the power of addiction to alcohol, pornography, sexual immorality, and the like. We are free from bitterness and unforgiveness, so we can have and enjoy Godly relationships. We are free from the power of sickness, so we can live long and strong. We are free from the spirit of poverty, so we can meet our needs and fund Kingdom projects all over the world. In short, WE ARE FREE! So please walk in the FREEDOM provided to you through Jesus, the Christ, our Lord!
Declaration of Faith:
Father, You sent Your Son Jesus to die on the cross for me. Jesus was born of a virgin. He lived a sinless life. He suffered, bled, died, and rose from the dead with all power in His hands. He ascended into heaven and He will come again, in glory, to judge the living and the dead. His Kingdom has no end. Jesus ushered me into a New Agreement and I fully embrace it. Under the New Agreement, I have been Born-Again and Your Spirit lives in me. Wherever the Holy Spirit is there is FREEDOM! I am free in my mind. Free in my body. Free from addictions of any kind. Free from bitterness and unforgiveness. Free from the power of sin. Free from the bondage of sickness. Free from the stifling nature of poverty. I am in Christ and Jesus has made me free. I enter this day as a FREE man/woman and I will never allow myself to accept anything less than Your FREEDOM! I AM FREE! I declare this by faith. In Jesus’ name. Amen!
This is Today’s Word. Apply it and prosper!