Today we continue our new series entitled, “It’s already done!”, under the banner of the overall series for the year, “Supernatural Manifestation.” A few of weeks ago I introduced you to the following passage. I only have a few more messages left for the year, so I will close out this passage today. I could go on for a few more weeks, but I am led to make a shift. So let’s take a look at this passage on last time:
Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ: Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
(2 Peter 1:1-4)
I will focus in on this line: “Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.”
So what does this mean to you today? A few things.
- There is corruption in this world and people are drawn to it by lust. God expects us to be partakers of His divine nature. Once we are, we have the fortitude to resist the lust for the corruption that is in the world. God is then able to shine His light through us, so we can show people a better way. That better way is JESUS!
- The day you come into the knowledge of God, the day you accept Jesus as Lord, is the day your salvation is secure. However, all that does is ensure you are not going to hell. At that point, you have not done anything to impact this world. To do that, you must come into God’s knowledge of you. When you start living as the person God called you to be you become the light of the world!
- Coming into the knowledge of God changes you. Coming into God’s knowledge of you (and accepting/embracing it), makes you an agent of change in this world! This is God’s goal. This is His aim. He saves you from the world, and He then sends you right back into it to change it!
- The day you were Born-Again God translated you into His Kingdom. On that day God also placed His Kingdom INSIDE of you. He then sends you back into the world to live as a partaker of His divine nature, so you can show the world what He is like. Yes, God lives in heaven, but He also lives IN YOU! So God sends you into the world to be an example of heaven on earth.
- The day you come into the knowledge of God is the day you know you will ‘some day’ travel from earth to heaven. But the day you come into God’s knowledge of you is the day you start bringing heaven the earth!
- God wants you to be a partaker of His divine nature so you can show a dark, dying and decaying world a better way. Being holy is simply about being different than the world. You are not holy because of what you do. You are holy because of who lives in you. The day you start allowing Jesus to SHINE through you, is the day your holiness will be on full display. From that day forward, you will be an agent of divine change in this world.
- Don’t think that you have to do anything to get God to move. He has already moved. His work is already done. You are not waiting on God, God is waiting on you to fully embrace HIs divine nature, so He can change the world through you!
Closing Confession: Father, this is a year of Great Victory for me. Not just because I came into the knowledge of You. But because I came into Your knowledge of me! You saved me from the world, and You then sent me right back into it to be an agent of divine change. I know I will travel from earth to heaven some day. But Your desire is for me to bring heaven to the earth every day. I declare that I do. I am a partaker of Your divine nature. I have escaped the corruption that is in the earth, and I shine daily as the light of the world! I declare this by faith. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
This is Today’s Word! Apply it and Prosper.