Today we continue our series entitled, “Back to the Bible,” with Part 47. We have been looking at Psalm 119. Let’s continue to walk through this amazing psalm. We are reading from The Passion Bible Translation.
(v.164) I stop to praise you seven times a day, all because your ways are perfect!
So what does this mean to you today? A few things.
- David was a sitting king. He had lots of things going on. His schedule was busy and his plate was full. But despite all of that, he said that he stopped to PRAISE GOD seven times a day! You should live your life with an attitude of thanksgiving!
- Never underestimate the power of a Praise-Break! In the middle of your day, right smack in the middle of your schedule, and even in the middle of a challenge, something special happens when you take a moment to give God praise! Praise may not change what is happening on the outside, but it will surely change what is happening on the inside. When you make the decision to GIVE GOD PRAISE, regardless of the situation, despite the challenges, and even BEFORE your breakthrough, your praise activates a RELEASE of all stress and it refocuses you on the power of God.
- The greatest battle you face is within. If you can win the war within, you will be able to handle whatever is happening without. This is why praise is so important. When you PRAISE GOD, especially IN THE FACE of opposition, you are telling yourself that you have more confidence in God than the challenge. You are giving God praise in advance, and this expression of your confidence in God helps to reignite your faith, rekindle your passion and restore your peace.
- Anyone can look back, after God has done what He said He was going to do, and give God praise. Even the heathen can do that. But true believers learn to give God praise in advance, by faith, on credit. I call this PRE-performance praise. When you give God PRE-performance praise you are expressing your confidence in God, in advance, before He does it, and you are giving Him praise like He already did it. When you do this it ministers to God. You are showing your heavenly Father that you love Him, you believe Him, you have confidence in what He said, and you are NOT MOVED by the situation. When God sees this in you, it motivates Him to shorten your cycle. Make no mistake, HOW YOU WAIT can certainly impact HOW LONG YOU WAIT. So give God praise for it NOW, before God does it. Once God sees you that you are at peace enough to praise Him for it like it’s already done, you may see Him shorten the delay.
- Give God praise all the time. Make it a habit to live with an attitude of praise. Just like you can “pray without ceasing” (1 Thes 5:17), meaning that you live your life with an attitude of prayer, you can praise without ceasing. This means you are giving God praise throughout the day for all things.
- Nothing is too big and nothing is too small for you to give God praise for. Praise God for it all. Take as many praise-breaks as you need to throughout the day to live with an attitude of praise!
Father, this is a season of expectation for me. I learn from David. I expect to give You praise seven times a day. This does not mean I am counting the times. It means I am living with an attitude of praise. Everyday is Thanksgiving for me. From the rising of the sun to the going down of the same, You are worthy to be praised. I praise You continually. I praise You for what You have done, and I also praise You for what You have yet to do. I praise You in advance. I praise You by faith. I praise You on credit. I praise you BEFORE You do it, like it’s already done. I live my life with an attitude of gratitude. I take praise-breaks throughout the day, because I have so much to be thankful for! I declare this by faith. In Jesus’ name, Amen!
This is Today’s Word. Apply it and prosper!