Today we continue our series entitled, “Back to the Bible,” with Part 48. We have been looking at Psalm 119. Let’s continue to walk through this amazing psalm. I have been providing the verses to you from the the Passion Bible Translation. Today I am going to switch things up and show you three translation of verse 165. Let’s get into the message in this verse.
Passion Bible Translation
(v.165) There is such a great peace and well-being that comes to the lovers of your word, and they will never be offended.
Easy to Read Version
(v.165) Those who love your teachings will find true peace. Nothing can make them fall.
(v.165) Great peace have they who love Your law; nothing shall offend them or make them stumble.
So what does this mean to you today? A few things.
- In Psalm 119:165 David is basically telling us that three three things happen for those who love and walk in God’s Word: they will have peace, they will not be easily offended, and they will not stumble/fall. That’s enough motivation right there to cause you to open up your Bible to do what it says.
- David told us that the lovers of God’s Word have peace. When the Bible refers to peace, it may not be the same peace people think about in this world. Many see peace as the absence of conflict or the absence of distraction. But when you have the peace of God, you can be in the middle of conflict and you can be bombarded with distractions, and still be at peace. Divine peace is an inside-job. When you have divine peace internally, you are not moved by what it happening externally. This is a major benefit of meditating and meditating on God’s Word. When you love God’s Word and you do what it says, you will live IN the peace of God.
- Divine peace is not about the absence of things that will rob you of your peace. It’s really not about the absence of anything. It is about the presence of God and the internalization of His promises.
- David told us that the lovers of God’s Word will not be offended. I am sure you have met people who are overly emotional, touchy, and quick to ‘fly off the handle.’ These people tend to be unstable, unbalanced, and insecure. When you love God’s Word and you apply it to your life on a daily basis, you are none of these things. The Word of God enables you to be consistent, to live an emotionally stable and secure life, and to resist the urge to get offended. Once you are offended you are no longer operating in the love of God. Once you step OUTSIDE of God’s love you have lost the peace, serenity, stability and security it provides. Bottom-line: when you live your life by the Word of God and you are led of God’s Spirit you are NOT easily offended.
- David told us that the lovers of God’s Word have so much peace that nothing can make them stumble or fall. Believers who have filled their hearts with God’s Word, who choose to walk in God’s love, and who are led of God’s Spirit, are not easily offended, they have supernatural peace, and they are not moved by anything or anyone. This the point we want to get to. This reminds me of something James taught us. He said, “Take the old prophets as your mentors. They put up with anything, went through everything, and never once quit, all the time honoring God. What a gift life is to those who stay the course!” (James 5:10,11 MSG). God never promised to give you less challenge. But He did promise to provide you more grace. You have the grace you need to face everything that comes your way. By the grace of God you can overcome every obstacle, win every fight, experience victory over every challenge, and maintain your peace along the way. This is how we are supposed to live. This is the life of faith!
Father, this is a season of expectation for me. I love Your Word. I do what it says. I apply Your truth to my life daily. I am led of Your Spirit in all things. Therefore, I live IN Your supernatural peace. I am not moved by anything or anyone. Nothing on the outside can dictate what happens to me on the inside. I am stable, secure and confident. I am at rest, at peace, and full of joy. I am not easily offended. I am not easily distracted. I will not be derailed from my destiny. I will not stumble or fall. I have the grace to win. I overcome daily because Jesus overcame for me! I declare this by faith. In Jesus’ name, Amen!
This is Today’s Word. Apply it and prosper!