Today we continue our new series entitled, “It’s already done!”, under the banner of the overall series for the year, “Supernatural Manifestation.” A couple of weeks ago I introduced you to the following passage. Let’s go back to it today.
In the opening paragraph of the Apostle Peter’s second letter, he said:
Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ: Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord, According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue: Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
(2 Peter 1:1-4)
In yesterday’s message I emphasized the fact that we must take the time to hear from God concerning our decisions. If you truly believe God already made plans for you before you were born, then it is prudent to check with Him before you make any major decisions. Because if you choose something that is not part of His plan, even if the “thing” is considered to be a “good thing”, the decision will still be contrary to God’s best and the results will be frustrating. So before you make a major purchase, before you decide on the next career move, before you marry the person you “think” you’re in love with, before this or that, it is paramount that you seek the counsel of God. Something that was a blessing for someone else can wind up being a curse for you. So just because it worked out for someone you know, it does not mean it is God’s best for your life.
When you understand what I am teaching in this series, your life becomes an amazing journey of discovery. You live your life discovering what God already planned, and you get to walk out the destiny that is already IN you!
So what does this mean to you today? A few things.
- The things of God are not earned by human performance. God already gave you all things that pertain to life and godliness. You are not living to earn God’s blessing. You are living to discover God’s will and to deploy into your destiny!
- Your future is God’s past. God has already been there. He has already seen it. So now, when God looks at you, He is looking for what He saw. He is looking for history (or HIS-story) to repeat itself in your life (see Ecc 3:15).
- Your destiny was mapped out by God before you were born. But whether or not you fulfill it, is up to you. God will not force you to become the man/woman He destined you to be. He leaves that decision in your hands.
- God sets the end from the beginning. God never begins anything at the beginning. He sets the end first, and He then backs up and starts the process. This means all you need to succeed in life — to become the man/woman you are called/destined/designed to be — is already planned and prepared. Your journey is a journey of discovery and deployment. You discover what God reveals and you deploy into your destiny when the timing is right, knowing you already have the grace to do what you are called to do.
- The future is the end, trapped in the beginning. Your future is not ahead of you, it is trapped within you. The oak tree is IN the acorn. The chicken is IN the egg. The 7ft. wingspan of a bald eagle is trapped within the 2.5 inch egg. God’s future for you is already trapped WITHIN you! You are already gifted with all it will takes to manifest your destiny. God has already blessed you with all you need. It’s already inside of you and AS YOU GO, what is in you will be developed and demonstrated. Living this way, your life becomes an OUTWORKING of the INTERNAL!
- God finished you before He ever started you. He mapped out your entire life before you were born. Everything you need internally has already been provided (although it will need to be developed). Everything you need externally has already been prepared (although it will not show up until the right time). When you understand this, you stop worrying and stressing, and you live your life by faith in what God has already provided.
- If you are stressing over an internal need, it is because you believe you don’t already have it. If you are stressing over an external need, it is because you believe God did not already set up the conditions for you to receive it. Both of these conditions are an affront to God. They demonstrate the fact that you don’t believe God. God did not send you into the earth to fail. You were not born to lose. You were born with everything you need internally “planted” inside of you and everything you need externally “prepared” for you before you were born. If you truly believe this, you will have no need to stress, worry or fear.
Closing Confession: Father, this is a year of Great Victory for me. Everything I need has already been provided. If it is an internal matter, I believe You have already gifted me with it. If it is an external matter, I believe You already setup the conditions for me to receive it, at just the right time. So I have no need to stress, worry or fear. I believe God. I trust You Father! I know I am already gifted, I am already blessed, and I am already prepared to fulfill my destiny! And I declare that I will! I declare this by faith. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
This is Today’s Word! Apply it and Prosper.