(Read 1 Samuel 17:41-47)
Today I will continue with “Faith and Patience Volume 5 – Greater is Coming!” We are studying the life of David. We will cover 1 Samuel 17:41-47 again.
Today I want to focus on something David said to Goliath. He said, “Today the Lord will conquer you, and I will kill you and cut off your head!” Think about this statement for a minute. Goliath was dressed in armor from head-to-toe. David was dressed as a shepherd. Goliath had a sword and a shield. David had a slingshot and a stone. David said that he was going to cut Goliath’s head off. The problem is that he did not have a sword. However, when we get into the story, you will see that he actually did exactly what he said he was going to do. My point is that your legs will never take you where your mind has never been. David said he was going to cut Goliath’s head off, and he wound up doing it because he SAW IT in his mind well before everyone else saw it. It did not matter that he did not have a sword. HE SAW a way to make it happen, and God helped him manifest what was in his heart.
So what does this mean for you today? A will give you a series of quick nuggets to drive home my point.
1. You must get to the point where you remove every artificial limit you have ever placed on your limitless God. There is nothing God can’t do. He lives in you! Therefore, there is nothing you can’t do. I know I keep telling you this, and I know the Bible is clear about this, but if you don’t get this down in your heart, the limitless possibilities of God will never become your reality.
2. David had never used a sword before. But he could see himself doing it. He saw it within the canvas of his mind’s eye. He knew the Lord was painting the picture, and he dared to believe it! Do you have the same level of audacity? Can you SEE it? The Father wants you to see yourself becoming the person you were born to be, doing what you were born to do, all for His glory. Seeing it is critical because if you can’t see it, you will never experience it!
3. Your capacity to believe God either releases God TO, or restricts God FROM, moving in your life. All things are possible for him who believes (Mark 9:23). But if you can’t believe it, it is not possible for you! To be clear, it is possible, because God can do all things. It is just not possible FOR YOU, because you can’t see it or believe it.
4. Once God reveals His plans for your life, your part is to accept and fully embrace the grace to become the man/woman God planned. But you must be able to SEE YOURSELF in the Spirit. David saw himself cutting Goliath’s head off. So he was able to embrace the grace to do what he saw. If he could not see it, he would never have done it.
5. You can BECOME what you BEHOLD in the Spirit. Which is why seeing in the Spirit is so critical. You must SEE IT to BE IT. If you can’t SEE IT, you can’t HAVE IT!
6. When you look in the mirror, the goal is to see yourself as Jesus is, in this world (1 John 4:17). If you do, you will become the man/woman you are called to be.
7. In the world, a person’s actions shape their identity. In God’s Kingdom, your divine identity shapes your actions. You must know who you are before you know what to do. This is what happened with David. He embraced the grace of God that was on his life. He opened his heart to what the Holy Spirit was revealing, he believed it, and he said it OUT LOUD, in faith, before he did it. Once he had done all of that, God’s grace was flowing to him and through him to kill the giant.
8. You are who God says you are. You can do what God says you can do. Not by your power, but by His unearned and amazing grace. Your job is to believe it. If you can ever believe what God believes about you, you will become the person you were born to be.
9. Once you are Born-again, your perspective of everything is supposed to change. You are no longer supposed to see things from merely a human point of view (read 2 Cor 5). You are not even supposed to see yourself as a mere man. When you look at life through the lens of the Spirit, and you see yourself the way God sees you, you position yourself to walk in God’s grace, and you do what you could never do without God. Because at that point it won’t be you doing it. It will be God, living and working in you, manifesting His purpose in your life.
9. When you see yourself the way God sees you, you don’t get caught up in your past failures, and you don’t see limits in your future. All you see is the person God called you to be. If you can ever get to this point — where you genuinely believe what God believes about you — you will never be the same!
Declaration of Faith:
Father, this is a season of expectation for me. With everything going on in this world, I still have my heart OPEN to Your best. I expect what You destined for me! I have finally arrived at the point where I believe what You believe about me! I am who You say I am. I can do what You say I can do. I am the person You birthed me to be. I walk in my divine assignment. Nothing and no one can stop me, because I believe what You believe. I can see what You see. Since I can SEE IT, it is only a matter of time before I HAVE IT! You reveal Your plans to me, I behold the glory of my destiny, and I become what I behold! This is why I keep saying that GREATER IS COMING FOR ME! I declare this by faith. In Jesus’ name, Amen!
This is Today’s Word. Apply it and prosper!